Subject Re: [IBO] TIB_Olecontainer
Author aleskahanek
That is not the problem, rtf saved by Word could be opened by Wordpad
normally. Similar problem is with *.bmp and other "non OLE" formats.
Using OleContainer.SaveAsDocument('xy.bmp') makes the resulted bmp
file unreadable in non OLE application (for example IrfanView cries
about wrong file header).

I know that this is not IBO isssue, I have tried here if anybody has
some hint.
Thanks in advance
Ales

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Steinmaurer" <ts@i...>
wrote:
> Hi Ales,
>
> > I tried to use the TIB_OleContainer written by Thomas
Steinmaurer. It
> > is nice component based on the TOleContainer. Everything works
great
> > unless I save the document back to disk file. What happens?
> >
> > 1. Load some file (for example my.rtf) to OleContainer (file
created
> > originaly in MS Word)
> > 2. Save to DB
> > 3. Load from DB
> > 4. Export to file (my.rtf)
> >
> > I use OleContainer.SaveAsDocument method to export the file, but
> > problem is that it is not saved in the original format but as OLE
> > document format. The file cannot be opened in Wordpad, only in
Word.