Subject Re: [IBO] application using up ram
Author Michael Vilhelmsen
--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> At 09:32 PM 4/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I just recently switched my BDE appl. to use IBO.
> >No problem.
> >
> >I then switched some TIBOQuery to either TIB_Cursor or TIB_DSQL (on
> >all my querys which are not data aware).
>
> All queries are data-aware.
>
> Does your loading/execution routine commit those queries after
> fetching/executing them?

Yes.

> >Before this last swicth my appl. used some 14 Mb of RAM.
> >Now it uses some 18 Mb of RAM. And this amount keeps growing
through
> >the day. On one machine where there program has been running for 8
> >hours straight it now uses 185 Mb of RAM.
> >
> >Any suggestions to why ?
>
> What is the size of the database cache? (cache pages * page size)

My page size (of the DB, right?) is 4096.
Where do I see the cache pages ?

> >I do the same commits the same places as before.....
>
> COMMIT or CommitRetaining? i.e. are you always using Autocommit
(Does
> CommitRetaining) or do you sometimes call COMMIT to end those
transactions?

I do COMMIT.

I practically never uses commitretaining, unless the program does a
commit just a little later.
A this point I have just tried to start up my appl.
At start up, I open 1 query (select), insert a record into another
table and COMMIT.
The I delete this record again. COMMIT.

If I do the above 25 times, I will have used some 200 K more RAM !

Michael