Subject Re: [IBO] application using up ram
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:32 PM 4/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I just recently switched my BDE appl. to use IBO.
>No problem.
>
>I then switched some TIBOQuery to either TIB_Cursor or TIB_DSQL (on
>all my querys which are not data aware).

All queries are data-aware.

Does your loading/execution routine commit those queries after
fetching/executing them?

>Before this last swicth my appl. used some 14 Mb of RAM.
>Now it uses some 18 Mb of RAM. And this amount keeps growing through
>the day. On one machine where there program has been running for 8
>hours straight it now uses 185 Mb of RAM.
>
>Any suggestions to why ?

What is the size of the database cache? (cache pages * page size)

>I do the same commits the same places as before.....

COMMIT or CommitRetaining? i.e. are you always using Autocommit (Does
CommitRetaining) or do you sometimes call COMMIT to end those transactions?

Helen