Subject Re: [IBO] Update for 4.5 Ai Eval installer
Author Helen Borrie

At 10:23 PM 30/12/2004 +1100, I wrote:

>Have you checked in your Delph \lib directory? When I installed it, it
>didn't ask me where I wanted things to be. It installed the runtime BPLs
>in ..\Delphi7\bin and the designtime BPLs in my IBO root\D7.
>
>I haven't installed the Ai Eval version though (yet). Will try and let you
>know what happens.

OK, I confirm that:

1) the uninstaller for 4.5Ah does not remove the runtime BPLs from Delphi's
bin directory
2) after cleanup of these, the 4.5Ai Eval installer goes partway through
the installation routine, and then throws the error described by
Salvatore. The aborted install doesn't clean up anything. However, when
it fails, there are no BPLs anywhere, no DCUs and some sources (but not
ib_components.pas).

Salvatore, AFAICT, there is no option (in the installer) to place BPLs in
..\projects\BPL.

Helen