Subject Re: [IBO] Edit data aware components question
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:22 AM 5/11/2004 +1100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am currently using a TIB_Cursor and TIB_DataSource
>
>I have set the TIB_DataSource AutoEdit and AutoInsert properties to TRUE, as
>well as the TIB_Cursor RequestLive property to FALSE.
>
>The problem is that with this setup, as descried above, the data-aware
>TIB_Edit components are NOT editable. How do I get around this, as I
>required the TIB_Cursor to have the RequestLive property to remain set to
>FALSE

The purpose of AutoEdit and AutoInsert is to control the behaviour when
focus goes to a grid row or data-aware control when the dataset is
editabable. They do not determine whether or not the dataset is
editable. If you set RequestLive to False, the dataset is not editable.

If you must have the dataset read-only but you want to allow rows to be
inserted to or updated on the underlying table, you will have to design an
interface for it, using a separate, parameterised executable statement,
typically a TIB_DSQL. You will have to provide TIB_ParamEdits (if
appropriate) and/or unbound entry fields for the user. You will have to
pick up any values wanted from the read-only dataset and/or from the
unbound controls yourself.

On the other hand, if you want to use the original dataset, you can set
varying degrees of "editablity" at field level, using the FieldsReadOnly
property. Study the help for details of the syntax.

Helen