Subject AW: [IBO] What is wrong with my Blob handling?
Author Queck Rainer
Hello Jason,

thanks for responding.

You are using a typecast. Please eliminate it and you will find the source
of your problem. I suggest your variable declaration look like this as well.
<
No, the "aStream" if a TTypeMemoryStream, derived from TMemoryStream. Therefore I must use the typecast.
Somehow I don't think it is the typecast, because if I modify my code using (see method : procedure TUdpToDbGui.OnTlgRcv below)
tlgStream.SaveToStream(aStream);
instead of
aStream.LoadFromStream(tlgStream);

every thing works fine, I just don't know why?

Regards
Rainer

//====
procedure TUdpToDbGui.OnTlgRcv(Sender: TObject; aGbTelegram : TGbTelegram);
var
aStream, tlgStream: TTypeMemoryStream;
aField: TIB_Column;
begin
tlgStream:=NIL;
aField:=DmUdpToDb.QTelegram.FieldByName('TLG_STREAM');
DmUdpToDb.QTelegram.Append;
TStream(aStream):=DmUdpToDb.QTelegram.CreateBlobStream(aField,bsmWrite);
try
with DmUdpToDb.QTelegram do
begin
FieldByName('TLG_ID').AsInteger:=0;
FieldByName('TLG_NO').AsInteger:=aGbTelegram.TlgNo;
FieldByName('TLG_SENDER_IP').AsString:=aGbTelegram.Sender.IpAddress;
FieldByName('TLG_SENDER_PORT').AsInteger:=aGbTelegram.Sender.Port;
FieldByName('TLG_RECEIVER_IP').AsString:=aGbTelegram.Receiver.IpAddress;
FieldByName('TLG_RECEIVER_PORT').AsInteger:=aGbTelegram.Receiver.Port;
FieldByName('TLG_DIRECTION').AsString:='I';
FieldByName('TLG_PROCESSED').AsString:='F';
end;
tlgStream:=aGbTelegram.asMemoryStream;
tlgStream.Position:=0;
aStream.Position:=0;
tlgStream.SaveToStream(aStream);
DmUdpToDb.SPC_Transaction.CommitRetaining;
finally
AStream.Free;
tlgStream.Free;
end;
//====

You are using a typecast. Please eliminate it and you will find the source
of your problem. I suggest your variable declaration look like this as well.

var
aStream: TStream;
tlgStream: TTypeMemoryStream;
aField : TIB_Column;