Subject [IBO] Re: Fw: Keylinks questions
Author tvorenkamp
Thanks Helen,

I appreciate very much your thorough answer and your quality in
clarifying things

--- Helen Borrie <helebor@t...> wrote:
> First and Next are not GUI operations, they are dataset
> operations. Since
> you don't have a buffered dataset, why do you think ApiFirst and
> ApiNext would be better?

For the very simple reason, that if I lookup TIB_Cursor in the Help
file of version 4.2, I find in the page "TIB_Cursor Object" the
following text:

==========

Introduced Public Methods

APIFirst
This method is for doing low-level fetching for even more performance.

APINext
This method is for doing low-level fetching for even more performance.

> This is starting to turn into a manual! Have you ever thought
> about
> working your way through the TI sheets on the web site?

Yes, in fact I read the ones that were of importance to me, but it
gave me only very basic information, and certainly did not exclude
the need of asking questions.

regards,

Tanno