Subject Re: [IBO] How to get table definition
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:34 PM 21/03/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>The IB_SQL project doesn't seem to provide the same information.
>
>for example i have a TrueFalse field and the IB_SQL project just
>tells me it is a text(1) field and database explorer gives me
>the domain name.
>
>You mentioned a query from the system tables. Is there somewhere
>some samples of these queries?

This is OFF TOPIC for IBO, but you will find the docs for the system tables
in the IB Language Reference. Just query them like any other table.

If you want to see some actual SQL statements, look in the IB_SQL sources,
as suggested before.

RDB$RELATIONS stores table definitions. RDB$RELATION_FIELDS stores the
column definitions for tables, and also for domains. If you want to join
to the data types of domains, this is rather complicated, as the
relationship between columns and domains is stored in a BLOB field. Read
the documentation for RDB$FIELDS to find out about this.

Are you writing a tool? It seems rather adventurous for someone who is not
very familiar with the database...

If not, can you explain what you need? It is very likely the information
you want would be available in a property.

Helen