Subject RE: [IBO] How open a dataset with only a Bookmark record?
Author Alan McDonald
if you have fetchall set to true then, yes it will fetch all records, but
have it set to false and no matter what you do with bookmarks, if you are
retrieve all records from the table - that much i can see in the monitor
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Menardi [mailto:mmenaz@...]
Sent: Sunday, 16 March 2003 11:15 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] How open a dataset with only a Bookmark record?

I think you have made some mistake, since if you OPEN the query and
you have something like "select * from customer" you ask the database
to return ALL the records. If you then use bookmark, you are only
navigating inside that dataset and be positioned on the desired record.
Anyway, I've tried and it works as expected (by me). Use SQL monitor
to see what happens.
Of course, only some records are fetched, but I want to avoid
unecessary processing and server requests.
thanks
Marco Menardi

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@m...> wrote:
> Marco,
> Have you tried this (your) method?
> The problem I had was that it was doing exactly what you want - but
I didn't
> want it.
> If I set the bookmark directly after opening the query - I get only one
> record returned, the bookmarked record. If I open the query, then in
another
> method I set the bookmark, I get the grid buffer filled with records
which
> surround the bookmarked one.
>
> Alan

InterBase