Subject RE: [IBO] How open a dataset with only a Bookmark record?
Author Alan McDonald
Marco,
Have you tried this (your) method?
The problem I had was that it was doing exactly what you want - but I didn't
want it.
If I set the bookmark directly after opening the query - I get only one
record returned, the bookmarked record. If I open the query, then in another
method I set the bookmark, I get the grid buffer filled with records which
surround the bookmarked one.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Menardi [mailto:mmenaz@...]
Sent: Sunday, 16 March 2003 10:29 PM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [IBO] How open a dataset with only a Bookmark record?

I have a bookmark for a lookup dataset. I want to use that bookmark
for opening another dataset on the same record.
I don't want to use something like:
with qryCustomer do
begin
Open;
Bookmark := workBookmarkString;
end;
because this way all the data is requested to the server and THEN the
right record is located.
I want instead have the behaviour the IBO Search has, i.e. return only
the desired record, but I don't know how to make my workBookmarkString
being used as a search criteria.
In other words, I would like to have something like:
with qryCustomer do
begin
Search;
Bookmark := workBookmarkString;
..First;
end;

that does not work.
I don't want to fill the other field values for a search, since I need
a generic solution and Bookmark produces always an unique key.
How can I do?
Thanks
Marco Menardi