Subject Re: [IBO] "Cannot open file" error
Author Joe Martinez
Ok. Here it is. This was built with BCB4. Here's what I observe:

This can connect fine if I'm logged into XP as administrator. I can
connect to both local databases and remote via TCP/IP.

If I log on as a "restricted user", and I try to connect to a local
database, I get an exception saying "unavailable database". I don't
understand this, because I can access the database file directly (open it
with a hex editor, etc.).

If I log on as a "restricted user", and I try to connect to a remote
database, I get a different strange occurrance. It seems to ignore the
server part. When it gets to the IBO login screen, the connection string
that is filled in there is missing the Server portion of the string. For
instance, if I put "MyServer" in the Server field, and
"C:\mydata\datafile.fdb" in the database file field, when the login screen
comes up, the connectin string only says, "C:\mydata\datafile.fdb". If I
manually change the connection string in the login screen, and add the
server part to the beginning, it connects. Logged on as Administrator, it
sets the connection string correctly with the server name.

Thanks,
Joe