Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Replication, TIB_RPL_Sync and TIB_Query
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:17 PM 3/01/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi Helen
>
>Thank you for your answer, but it didnt do the trick
>
>When using the following sentence in either IBConsoles SQL or as
>SQL.text in my program I recieve 7508 hits:
> 'Select iName from Inventory'
>
>But with this: 'select rpl$ind_nme from rpl$_ind' i get 3
>hits when running the SQL from IBConsoles SQL. ( which is correct for
>the time being)
>
>When running in my program the error is:
> ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
> Dynamic SQL Error
> SQL error code = -204
> Table unknown
> RPL$_IND
> At line 4, column 6.
>
>the table 'Inventory' is a part of my targetdatabase so there
>is nothing wrong with the connection or similar.;-)

When you posted your question earlier, the SQL string you gave was:

'Select RPL$IND_NME from RPL_$IND'

The correction I offered was not "use lower case" but "spell the name of
the table correctly". Perhaps your app still has the table name misspelled?

>I can not see why the program doesnt return the same as if
>the query had been running from IBConsoles SQL. It doesnt matter
>if the SQL.text is in upper or lowercase.
>
>What do i have to do to call these 'inside' tables...??

I don't know. Before, I ran the query from IB_SQL, which uses a
TIB_Cursor. This time, I set up a trivial application consisting of an
ib_connection and an ib_query with exactly the same SQL. In the query
editor, it prepares and outputs data, exactly as expected.

What data access class are you using?

Can you paste the exact SQL text you are using in your app?

Helen