Subject Re: [IBO] Conversion from dBase to Firebird using IBO
Author chris_michalec <Cmich22@aol.com>
That sounds right if I was updating within the same database, but I
am going from a dBase (Paradox) with one table structure to a
Firebird database with a different structure. I am not sure how I
could use a stored procedure in this case other than to have an
insert statement with a bunch of params.

Does this shed any new light?

--- In IBObjects@yahoogroups.com, "Lindsay Gauton" <lgauton@e...>
wrote:
> One of my major systems is updating 3 million+ records everyday. The
> only way to do it is via stored procedures - any other method would
just
> take too long
>
> Thanks
>
> Lindsay

conversion
> utility at finishing the table in about 3 days (which is just too
> long). I have the scripts posting in their own transaction that I
> create each time and commit. I have also tried committing the main
> physical transaction (which in my understanding from reading the
> documentation should actually be taken care of on it is own, but
hey
> I thought I'd try). I thought maybe it was the BDE trying to
scroll
> the something that huge, so I called FetchAll on the dataset to
just
> pull back everything. The machine this is running should have more
> than enough resources to handle this. Any other thoughts out there
> that maybe I haven't tried?
>
> Thanks for the help

__