Subject Re: [IBO] Improvement for the SearchingLinks functionality?
Author Christian Gütter
Hello Jason,

Saturday, August 24, 2002, 2:26:28 AM, you wrote:

JW> Blanks shouldn't be in any of the string list entries. Some editors make
JW> sure there are none but you may not be getting those benefits if you use the
JW> properties manually.

Some properties, eg. OrderingLinks, get along well with blanks.
They even don't remove them.
The point is that when users see that blanks are accepted by most
properties they _will_ use them. Many people put a blank in front
of and behind an equation when they are coding and I think it is
not far-fetched that they might also do it when setting *Links.
This works for some, but not for SearchingLinks and so they run
into an error which is incredibly hard to find, especially for
newbies who think they could have done anything wrong.

Christian