Subject RE: [IBO] Info mesage from a procedure
Author Ales Kahanek
You cannot send a message to user from a stored procedure. The only thing
you can is throwing exception (and user can see the exception text), but
your transaction is rolled back after that. You can read the excellent TI
sheet Handling errors (I do not remember the name of this document exactly,
but you can find it on the www.ibobjects.com) from Helen. There are
described the issues concerning exceptions in triggers and procedures very
clearly.
Ales