Subject AW: [IBO] Displaying a TIME field (Attn. Jason and Dirk Schiffler)
Author Dirk Schiffler
Following changes was make in Hc:
an Enhancement in TIB_Column.GetDisplayText
If no DisplayFormat defined for DateTime values, then the standard
should be the global variables ShortDateFormat and/or ShortTimeFormat
and not any mask.

Jason has check my changes.

If no DisplayFormat is defined and ColumnAttributes for a field is set to
NODATE,
then work following code: FormatDateTime( ShortTimeFormat,
AsDateTime )
If a DisplayFormat is defined,
then the original code is work: FormatDateTime( DisplayFormat, AsDateTime )

Best regards
Dirk Schiffler
ds@...

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Ales Kahanek [mailto:ales.kahanek@...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 04. Juli 2002 08:29
An: 'IBObjects@yahoogroups.com'
Betreff: RE: [IBO] Displaying a TIME field (Attn. Jason and Dirk
Schiffler)

Jason,
I can simply say the following :

Before update to 4.2Hc there was a nice feature to
insert value to TIME field in the grid. A user could type for example digit
8, then he moved to another column and the value was automatically completed
to '8:00'. Now (4.2Hc) it displays mask 8 : : and after moving to another
column the app complains that this is not valid time.

I tried to set NODATE and FieldDisplayFormat hh:nn to this field and nothing
has changed. The ShortDateFormat variable is h:mm. OS Win XP Pro, Delphi 6
update 2.

If more detail is needed, tell me, please.
Ales