Subject Re: [IBO] isc_commit_retaining
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:06 AM 04-04-02 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>First of all, platform:
>
>Deplhi 4 C/S,
>IBOBjects 4.02
>Interbase 6.01 / Firebird 1.0
>
>I have a database with about 250 tables, and 2300 views.
>
>When dropping a view, the "COMMIT RETAINING" part of the process is
>taking about 3 seconds each. Searching through the code I've been
>able to trace this to the function "isc_commit_retaining" that is
>called after executing the "DROP VIEW" statement.
>
>If anyone is going to ask why so many views, it's because it's taking
>too long to delete a view for the user to wait.

Forgive the question, but are you saying that you have a user application
that creates and drops views?

>Can anybody point how can I improve this perfomance.

Not yet. Tell us more about the architecture of your application.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com