Subject Re: [IBO] When is KeyRelation necessary?
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 01:24 PM 12-03-02 +0100, you wrote:

> > What does it *do* when it "works well"?
>
>I should have been more specific. It makes the dataset updateable, ie it
>generates the update instructions all of its own, which is a big win for
>me compared to the clumsy TUpdateSQL I used to have on that data module.
>:-)

Ah, OK, that's fine for when you only need to update/insert to/delete from
that KeyRelation table. But, of course, if you *need* to perform DML on
more than one of the tables, using the xxxxSQL properties is pretty cool
for making the joined dataset updateable...

I don't think that an xxxSQL property like

execute procedure UpdateMe(:param1, :param2, ....)

is really *clumsy*, if the params have the same names as the columns of the
dataset and the KeyLinks are perfect.

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at
www.ibobjects.com