Subject Re: R: [IBO] Faster Datapump from FoxPro/Paradox to Firebird
Author Daniel Rail
At 28/02/2002 08:22 AM, you wrote:
>Hi,
>i don't have the same structure and i must do some operation when import the
>data, then a standard Datapump utility don't solve my problem.
>
>But why the insert/post on Firebird are so slow?

What do you mean by insert/post? To insert the data into Firebird, I would
use a TIB_DSQL component with a parameterized INSERT statement. You read
from the FoxPro or Paradox table, do your calculations and then assign the
new values to the TIB_DSQL insert parameters and then you execute the
statement. Also, you might want to control your transactions, i.e. commit
only after 100 inserts.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)