Subject Re: [IBO] Delphi 6 Update 2 available
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 11:17 AM 20-02-02 +0100, you wrote:

>Changing the interface without changing the name would have had much
>worse consequences. It is sufficient to change websnap60 in websnap61 in
>the package Requires list, assuming IBO would only support the latest
>update pack of each Delphi version (as it has always done).

Nando,
No, the point is that the IBO packages would support whatever sub-version you have on your disk, just because Delphi updates aren't *supposed* to change library names! Borland's explanation sounds so LAME. There are scores, if not hundreds of 3P components out there, a good many of them using Websnap.

Selfishly, I'm glad I gave up on Websnap and reverted to good ol' WebBroker. I expected WS to get fixed but I sure didn't expect it to get renamed.

I think we can IFDEF the IBO package file/BPG though. I seem to have seen it happen somewhere...

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at www.ibobjects.com