Subject Re: [IBO] Trying to report using QuickReport and IBOQuery
Author Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)
At 06:23 PM 07-02-02 +0000, you wrote:

>I don't know why the application can't write a file. I have
>administrator permissions and I've no clues about what paths might be
>involved.
>
>I can't look for a culprit file because the error message calls it
>"three little boxes"

How bizarre! Have your searched your code for this string? Have you opened the DFM file where your QuickReport is defined, to see if that string is somewhere in there? I've used all the versions of QR over the years and never saw this.

One thing I do recall is that the QR that shipped with the original Delphi 4 distro would always AV if you tried to print the report from the preview screen (or allowed your user to do that from within an application). However, it worked fine if you called Print from your application. This weirdy is a new one on me. It will be fascinating to find the answer.

Does it happen only with this report, or with any report? Have you installed any add-ons like freeware components or tools to modify the IDE?

regards,
Helen Borrie (TeamIBO Support)

** Please don't email your support questions privately **
Ask on the list and everyone benefits
Don't forget the IB Objects online FAQ - link from any page at www.ibobjects.com