Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Detail Scroll Event Called Everytime
Author Helen Borrie
Eric,
At 10:24 PM 10-10-02 +0000, you wrote:
>--- In IBObjects@y..., "Eric Handbury" <ehandbury@h...> wrote:
> > I would think that the DetailXXX Scroll events would only get
>fired
> > when its rows change due to a change in the Master and not fired as
> > default on every Master scroll.
>
> Thinking about this overnight... I think it would be too hard to
>implement but it would be nice if the Detail Scroll events only fired
>when there was a change of rows in the Detail, and not everytime the
>Master scrolled.

I can't imagine what use that would be but, if it matters to you, then I'm
missing something about your scenario. Can you explain why scrolling the
master without scrolling the associated detail (be it none, one or many
dependent set rows) would be useful? In a 1:1 relationship I would be
stuck if the interface management didn't treat the whole structure as if it
were a single record...

Helen