Subject Re: [IBO] dssSearch and opened record set?
Author iblogmanager
Helen,

Thanks. Yes I've thought about that. But what about having
TIB_LookupCombo
as search fields then? For example I've a list of invoices, each
invoice is
linked to an address table via foreign-key relationship. To restrict
the
list of invoices for a specific address, this could be done by
selecting an
address in a TIB_LookupCombo which is linked to a lookup table
ADDRESS. Or
there any other otpions?

Thanks for your comments, I'm still investigate the search capability
within IBO to get an efficient and easy to use browsing/searching
functionality.

lg,
Thomas

--- In IBObjects@y..., "Helen Borrie (TeamIBO)" <helebor@d...> wrote:
> At 11:15 PM 14-01-02 +0100, Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >TIB_Grid is linked via TIB_DataSource to a TIB_Query. I've
numerous input
> >(search) fields (TIB_Edit) also linked to this TIB_Query on the
same form as
> >TIB_Grid. Is there a way to keep the record set open, when putting
> >TIB_Query into dssSearch state?
>
> I don't quite comprehend the scenario - I think we need more
information about what you are using your ib_edits for. If they are
search fields, shouldn't you use TIB_SearchEdits for them?

www.ibobjects.com