Subject Re: [IBO] Ambiguous fieldname between ...
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:49 AM 02-01-02 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have the following SQL Statement. I get the above error when editing, not
>inserting???
>
>Many thanks,
>Dion
>

>SELECT m.*
> from member m
> join memberinfund f
> on m.memberid=f.memberid
>for update

Dion,

FOR UPDATE won't work for a joined dataset, even one which contains only data from one table. Do the following:

1. Remove the FOR UPDATE clause
2. Set KeyLinksAutodefine False
3. Set a Keylinks that will uniquely identify each row
4. Either set the KeyRelation (member) to tell IBO which table is to take the update

or

Define an EditSQL statement to perform the update...if you want, it can be a parameterised stored procedure that updates both tables.

cheers,
Helen