Subject Re: [IBO] IBO4 and ISAPI
Author Helen Borrie
At 12:48 PM 18-09-01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi all !
>
>I've done an ISAPI with IBO 4 and webbroker. Just after restart the server the response time is a split second and after sometime (a day or so) it simply stops responing. But the "funny" part is that the website is running so I guess that it can't be the IIS 5 that have annonced EOL. In the log of the interbase server (6.0.6 - OpenSource) I can see notes about "read errno 10054" and it seems like it only tells that a user have turn off the computer or choosen another website before getting a response back from the Interbase server...
>
>*) I've placed a TIBOSession as the first element in my uses
>*) I've ensure that no connection is done at .create.....
>*) I use local as the protecol for my ISAPI to communicate with Interbase...
>*) I've turned casching off in the script folder
>
>Do any one of you have any suggestions for me to look at to stop this problem?

Kurt,
Have you tried using TCP/IP for the ISAPI to connect to the server? You just need to make sure that LOCALHOST (IP addr 127.0.0.1) is defined in the winnt\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file. Select cpTCP_IP and use LOCALHOST for the Server property. This will avoid the threading problems that exist in the local server architecture. The 10054 errors could be a sign of instances of your ISAPI application clashing and crashing.

Do you have any TimeOut props set up in your transactions? Long-running transactions are a fairly likely cause of the performance slow-downs.

Have you thought about using Firebird? It has several hundred fewer bugs to worry about.

Regards,
Helen

All for Open and Open for All