Subject RE: [IBO] Start Interbase when my IBO App runs?
Author Riho-Rene Ellermaa
I wonder how can you launch your IB server (which is in Linux or Unix)
directly from your Windows workstation.
For local computer it's simple, just run ibserver.exe when you don't get
connected.
For server to run in another computer you must have some other program
permanently to run there, to which you connect through TCP and tell him to
launch IB server.

But why not have your IB server launched at windows startup. It's basicly
the default way how the IB is installed. It doesn't take so much of memory
and processin resource.

BTW. There is no point in being arrogant and vain about your 1200 customers.
I have them 2000 and growing.
I'm 38 and still have enough gray matter to understand how to install IBO.
Of course the automatic installer (like other commercial products have)
would be nice, but I can live without it, if I don't have to reinstall IBO
too often (I usually skip 4-5 subpatches)

IMO, this list was quite nice and friendly before you

Riho-Rene Ellermaa
senior programmer
Hansabank