Subject Re: [VirtualTreeview] Re: [IBO] Virtual Tree, IBO4 and Delphi6
Author Chuck Belanger
Paul:

FYI:

> To be honest with you, I'm not sure why you would want to load
> 35k records into a tree anyway. It becomes more or less unuseable for the
> user to use anyway. You should consider a more selective query. I will keep
> working on it though.

Wait until we have 100k records! Its a table of medically related information,
organized hierarchically for various testing purposes. Actually, there are a
number of levels, so that this presentation is the best for the job and most
accessible by the user. What user is going to know before hand what not to
include for a client? Thus, the difficulty in using a more selective query. We
are considering a user preference for the vendor specific parts of the table
(which represent about half of the items, the other half are generic medical
terms, drugs, etc).

Chuck