Subject Re: [IBO] Where to find a RichEdit example?
Author Luiz Alves
I made IBOWWRich in Delphi 4 C/S and I use it in my app with success. I
don´t tested with others versions of delphi.

Luiz.

----- Original Message -----
From: Chuck Belanger <phytotech@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 7:32 AM
Subject: Re: [IBO] Where to find a RichEdit example?

> Helen:
>
> Thanks for you reply.
>
> You're right I had no idea what to expect from the IBO rich text
components. That's why I was looking for a demo. I have IP2000 and some
public domain RTF editor and both offer what I was looking for, i.e. click
and up pops a full fledge RTF editor, but both can't seem to access IBO's
dataset.

> In some of the stuff available with IBO, I did manage to find a sub-class
of the IP RTF component which does allow access to IB through IBO dataset,
but it seems to have a bug which I don't have a clue on how to fix:

> "Error creating form: Access violation at address xxxxxx in module
'IBOWWRICH.BPL.'"

> Everything works fine at design time, run time either in the IDE or as an
exe, but when I re-open the project and open the form, above is what
happens.

> Thanks for any thoughts or help,
>
> Chuck Belanger
>
> p.s.
>
> > TRichEdit works fine with a blob field from an IBOQuery if you stream it
in yourself; but it's not a data-aware control. You need to use
TDBRichEdit and a TDataSource that is connected to your query, with the data
field properly linked up.

> What does "stream it in" mean? What kind of methods, etc would I used for
this? What would I look up to find out more about this topic?

> I tried this and although I can get TDBRichEdit to recognize the
datasource and I do everything that I did with the other components that
work, nothing happens with TDBRichEdit. No display in the window of the
running form with the component.

> At least with IBO Rich Edit, it displays something, although I can't
access anything in the window to edit it.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/