Subject Re: [IBO] Where to find a RichEdit example?
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:32 AM 27-06-01 -0700, you wrote:
>Helen:
>
>Thanks for you reply.
>
>You're right I had no idea what to expect from the IBO rich text components. That's why I was looking for a demo. I have IP2000 and some public domain RTF editor and both offer what I was looking for, i.e. click and up pops a full fledge RTF editor, but both can't seem to access IBO's dataset.
>
>In some of the stuff available with IBO, I did manage to find a sub-class of the IP RTF component which does allow access to IB through IBO dataset, but it seems to have a bug which I don't have a clue on how to fix:
>
>"Error creating form: Access violation at address xxxxxx in module 'IBOWWRICH.BPL.'"
>
>Everything works fine at design time, run time either in the IDE or as an exe, but when I re-open the project and open the form, above is what happens.

I don't have a recent version of InfoPower (only one for Delphi 2) but that kind of AV often comes from trying to access an unassigned object; or leaving an assigned one behind after destroying the object that created it...

If you want to consider "basics", have you thought about examining the RichEdit project in the Demos subdir of your Delphi installation?

Helen

All for Open and Open for All