Subject Re: [IBO] Case Insensitive Searches
Author fransh@argo.net.au
Thanks but we have solved it in another way. We use IBOTables and
converting from Paradox to Interbase without unnecessary structural
changes. Most of our text fields are in Initial Caps and we really
need case insensitve rather than upper. I might publish the solution
RSN

Thanks

Francois
--- In IBObjects@y..., "Carlos H. Cantu" <ibo@w...> wrote:
> I had been using IP 2000 with IBO for a long time with no problem.
There is
> a property in the IP controls where you choose if you want
CaseSensitive or
> not. If you set it to caseinsensitive IP will use UPPER to convert
> everything to uppercase. Of course, this is not the fastest way but
since
> IB does not support insensitive index (maybe you can try the
ibCollate
> drivers).
>
> []s
>
> Carlos
> WarmBoot Informatica - http://www.warmboot.com.br
> Interbase-BR - http://www.interbase-br.com
>
> fana> Hi
>
> fana> We have been trying to link Woll2woll-IP2000 lookups to
IBOTables.

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/