Subject Re: [IBO] WISQL: Lost ability to edit records
Author Chuck Belanger
Jason:

So, I guess by your answer that means that it wasn't an obvious setting that I
missed.

Also, by your answer you assume that I'm a Delphi programmer. I'm not. To give
you an idea: I'm on day 4 of Learning Delphi in 21 days, which is one step up
from Delphi for Dummies<s>.

I'm actually what you might call a very proactive user of a medical device which
I use in my clinic. Recently, because of my data work experience (mainly FoxPro)
I was asked by the company to help out with developing their database further,
as in adding information. So by necessity I'm learning Delphi and Interbase
which the current system uses in a local, desktop only mode (which from
comments, sounds like a design error, but I find Interbase to be fascinating
after my 18 years using dBaseII to Visual FoxPro with a lab supply company).

I ran across your utility a little over a year ago and you helped me then to get
up and running with it (which made a huge difference in my initial involvement
with the project).

This ability to edit was something that worked and suddenly didn't. I have not
recompiled or anything.

So, if you could possibly tell me where to look in the code, I'd be more than
willing to roll my sleeves up and jump in. I have used IBO with a simple wizard
I created and really like it. Right now I'm trying to get the company to switch
over from BDE to using IBO, but it really will be the main programmer's
decision.

Can you tell me what it would cost to register it, so I can pass this info on?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way,

Chuck Belanger, L.Ac.
(Licensed Acupuncturist who feels way out of his league in this group.)