Subject Re: [IBO] WISQL: Lost ability to edit records
Author robertsc@teleport.com
hi chuck,

maybe I can help you out. I assumne you have the siource to ibwisql

1. open the project in Delphi
2. in delphi's project manager look for ibf_browse and open it
3. the grid you would edit uyou data with is called grBrowse. Check
its data source and then that datasource's dataset. (hint: the
answer is qrRelations)
4. take a look at the read only property for qrRelations

Make the appropriate changes, save, and compile.

HTH

rob

--- In IBObjects@y..., Chuck Belanger <phytotech@l...> wrote:
> Jason:
>
> So, I guess by your answer that means that it wasn't an obvious
setting that I
> missed.
>
> Also, by your answer you assume that I'm a Delphi programmer. I'm
not. To give
> you an idea: I'm on day 4 of Learning Delphi in 21 days, which is
one step up
> from Delphi for Dummies<s>.
>
> I'm actually what you might call a very proactive user of a medical
device which
> I use in my clinic. Recently, because of my data work experience
(mainly FoxPro)
> I was asked by the company to help out with developing their
database further,
> as in adding information. So by necessity I'm learning Delphi and
Interbase
> which the current system uses in a local, desktop only mode (which
from
> comments, sounds like a design error, but I find Interbase to be
fascinating
> after my 18 years using dBaseII to Visual FoxPro with a lab supply
company).

> I ran across your utility a little over a year ago and you helped
me then to get
> up and running with it (which made a huge difference in my initial
involvement
> with the project).
>
> This ability to edit was something that worked and suddenly didn't.
I have not

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/