Subject Re: [IBO] 'Table in use'
Author Jason Wharton
There are times that you need to close all connections to flush out
internally cached prepares. This is a general InterBase problem and not an
IBO problem, from what I can tell.

Sometimes I don't catch the connection in the application being connected at
design time.

HTH,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Bullar" <comesailing@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 3:06 PM
Subject: [IBO] 'Table in use'

> Help !
> I have a problem with trying to drop a temporary table. Sometimes it is
successful but often it is 'in use' so will not drop. I have been through
all the code, and checked that all queries are closed, that they are
'unprepared' and that the transaction involved is 'committed'. I thought,
that must do it. Nothing is open in design mode.

> Is there any way of telling what is holding the table 'in use' ? Or any
help in generally diagnosing the problem would be welcome.