Subject Re: [IBO] BCD changes from 3.6cg -> 3.6D breaks ASTA
Author Jason Wharton
There was a change in the initial release of 3.6D that was just plain
broken. Patch 3.6Dd should have all the necessary fixes for BCD fields. I
have tested it extensively and am rather confident that IBO does BCD fields
correctly.

What version of Delphi are you using and what exact sub-release of IBO are
you on?

BCD columns weren't really ever working that well... It's just that they are
far more ideal for fixed position numeric so I adjusted the default behavior
to make TIBOBCDField instances instead of TIBOFloatField instances. By doing
this I have uncovered some cobwebs about them.

To turn BCD usage off set a ColumnAttribute to FLOAT and it should force it
to not use BCD fields. You should also be able to use persistent field
definitions.

Also, it would be nice if you would give more information about the errors
you are having. Do others use ASTA and BCD columns without troubles? Or,
might ASTA have some issues as well?

Thanks,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ