Subject Re: [IBO] Pass Connection to API DLL using UDF
Author Jason Wharton
This doesn't sound feasible to me.

Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Hulsey" <chulsey@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 2:31 PM
Subject: [IBO] Pass Connection to API DLL using UDF

> Hello,
>
> I have a question. How can I pass the current IB connection to a
(UDF)user defined function from within a stored procedure. I would like to
use the connection that is active while I am in my stored procedure rather
than having to call the API function for connecting and disconnecting to the
database from within my UDF that exists within my host language DLL that
resides on the machine where Interbase Server is located. Since, I need a
connection to call my stored procedure in the first place from my client
machine can I get the connection handle from my client side and pass it to
the stored procedure or should I grab the connection handle from within the
Stored Procedure and pass along to my UDF.