Subject RE: [IBO] IBO speed vs BDE?: Kaputnik
Author Kaputnik
If you access IB properly, you will actually be faster than with Foxpro...
especially joins, MD-relationships and lookups will fly in IB whereas foxpro
will die under your fingers building complex analytical apps or reports
based on several tables....

Also, IB has its advantages for local apps in other areas :
Increased security of your data (not access security, but crash-security)
possibility of backups

One very hint to you for your problem, perhaps:
You speak of opening and closing a data-set 35000 times...
while i do not know, why anybody will want to do that, here a suggestion:
if you are needing these 35k rows for master-detail-things, simply create a
master-detail-relationship and let handle IBO the fetching of the needed
records...
if you need these records for anything different, use a parametrized query,
prepare it once, hold it prepared, and simply fill the parameter needed (the
porimary key?) 35k times while leaving the query prepared.....this will
actually boost the performance...

these two tips are only shots in the dark, and for anything better, we need
more information abotu what the programmer was actually doing (or thinking
to do)

CU, Kaputnik
(Nick Josipovic)

nick@... <mailto:nick@...>