Subject AW: AW: [IBO] Offtopic: Data replication.
Author Christian Kaas
consider me as being on board of the project...

I do have experience with Oracle's Replication module, although i
believe the first versions of such a "beast" does not need to have all
that functionality.

I would be able to bring in my already started metamodel as a starting
point for discussions.
My believe is that with the features of IB6, we will have to
autogenerate triggers for capturing the changes to the replicated
tables/views (see oracle snapshots and snapshot logs).
Any opinnions on how this might affect performance issues are welcome.

And i also think we should start with writing a concept for stage 1.
Also i already started a opensource project on sourceforge for that
effort.

Regards

> "640kb should be enough memory for everyone"
> Bill Gates 1984
>
> Christian Kaas Software development
> www.kaas-labs.de

professionals.