Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with TIB_ComboBox
Author Lucas Franzen
Daniel Rail schrieb:

> At 10/04/2001 18:55, you wrote:
> >Please don't attach code enforcing business rules to the controls. Attach
> >them instead to the events of the dataset and datasource components.
>
> I can't really qualify it as business rules, because the user still has to
> make a selection. Here's the scenario:
> The program is being developed for a local soccer league. They
> want to be able to assign to which soccer field the child could play based
> on the number of players already registered and by the age group of the
> selected child. This is what the TIB_ComboBox selection values should
> reflect(i.e.: "Soccer Field Name (5 players)"), but I only want the soccer
> field name to be saved in the table. This is why I have to dynamically
> populate the drop-down list for TIB_ComboBox using Items and ItemValues.
>
> Any other ideas how I could accomplish this?

Although I'm really into soccer I'm not sure if I really got it.
Since there is a fixed (well quite fixed) number of Soccer fields I
think you (should) have stored them in a separate table.

So why don't you use a TIB_LookupCombo that's just bound to your other
table by the KeyLinks and KeySource?

That's easier than populating a TIB_ComboBox manually (even if this
still doesn't give you a solution to the existing problem)

Luc.