Subject Re: [IBO] Problem with TIB_ComboBox
Author Daniel Rail
At 10/04/2001 18:55, you wrote:
>Please don't attach code enforcing business rules to the controls. Attach
>them instead to the events of the dataset and datasource components.

I can't really qualify it as business rules, because the user still has to
make a selection. Here's the scenario:
The program is being developed for a local soccer league. They
want to be able to assign to which soccer field the child could play based
on the number of players already registered and by the age group of the
selected child. This is what the TIB_ComboBox selection values should
reflect(i.e.: "Soccer Field Name (5 players)"), but I only want the soccer
field name to be saved in the table. This is why I have to dynamically
populate the drop-down list for TIB_ComboBox using Items and ItemValues.

Any other ideas how I could accomplish this?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Daniel Rail
Senior System Engineer
ACCRA Group Inc. (www.accra.ca)