Subject Re: [IBO] Incremental search trouble
Author Tomas Michalík
Hi Riho-Rene,

try to specify the collation too. I use charset WIN1250 and collation
PXW_CSY and it works OK even with accented characters. I usually base
all my field definitions on domains and for those I specify that
collation (eg. CREATE DOMAIN D_ZBOZINAZEV AS VARCHAR(70) CHARACTER SET
WIN1250 COLLATE PXW_CSY). I believe it is also possible to use
UPPER(MY_FIELD collate COLLATION_NAME).

This certainly works OK in IB6, I was told it didn't work in previous
versions of IB.

HTH,
Tom

Riho-Rene Ellermaa wrote:

> Unfortunately UPPER command doesn't know how to set this string uppercase:
> filiâle "Tranzîts", Buiiu n/g
> All others characters are converted except "âîii".
> Has anyone here from not American countries solved this problem.
> I'm using Charset WIN1252
>
> Riho-Rene Ellermaa
> senior programmer
> Hansabank