Subject Re: [IBO] What prefix notation do you use?
Author Brian Nuckels
I usually use a form of Hungarian notation, left over back from my days
working with VB, where it seems to be used religiously. But I only really
use it with components. I find object-oriented apps tend to be more
self-documenting for variable and object naming than VB apps were. So
anyway, I use a 3 or 2 character notation like:

qry for TIB_Query
ds for Datasource
sql for TIB_DSQL
cur for TIB_Cursor
trn for TIB_Transaction
sp for TIB_StoredProc

So I try to use 3 characters unless a 3 character abbreviation doesn't make
sense, as in Stored Procedure.