Subject RE: [IBO] AV on datamodul
Author Kevin Stanton
Ya know, I have the same exact problem - AVs during designtime - sometimes.
Same exact situation as Lucas.

Lucas, I am curious, has your app been thru many updates of IBO? I know
mine has and it seems the "older" TIB_Querys have the problem. Any new
datamodule I create works perfectly. It is certainly a hassle because
Delphi does hang when exiting then you have to kill it.

I too delete absolutely everything from my system when updating/installing a
new IBO version.

Sure would be nice to figure this one out!

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Lucas Franzen [mailto:luc@...]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 7:06 AM
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [IBO] AV on datamodul

Jason Wharton schrieb:

> DCU's aren't the only thing that needs replacing when updating IBO. You
need
> to hunt down old package files and delete them too. Often times just
doing a
> recompile doesn't refresh your package files.

Jason,

I dropped the IB package.
I deleted the dcu, bpl.
Then I re-installed (compile/install) the package.
And still no difference....

Maybe one more hint:
before re-installing I had a problem with IB_Grids on one form; one of
these grids was connected to a TIB_DataSource (on the form, too) which
was connected to a IB_Query on that datamodul.
When trying to move fields in the grid I had the effect that the fields
didn't move, but just exchanged their field width.

Example: before moving column:
[CustNo ][CustName ]
after moving CustName to the first place it looked like:
[CustNo ][CustName]

neither the titles nor the data changed its position.
I only had it on THIS one form (two grids, both showing the same
behaviour), nowhere else....

At least I got rid of this....

Luc.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor