Subject RE: [IBO] Preventing Refresh with IBOQuery
Author Claudio Valderrama C.

Bind the source query to a txn with isolation tiConcurrency and bind the
target query to a transaction with isolation tiCommitRetaining. Start the
two txns, do your procedure and commit the txns.
Hints:
- TIB_Datapump is for those tasks but in this case you can fall in the same
loop
- Maybe you will go slightly faster replacing the target query by a TIB_DSQL
component.

> I know I could do INSERT INTO....SELECT FROM... but for various
> reasons I don't want to do it this way.

You can't do that because you will get into an infinite loop. It's a
shortcoming in IB. See
http://www.cvalde.com/document/avoid_infinite_recursive_ins.htm

C.