Subject Re: SOME THOUGHTS AW: [IBO] I put out a patch of changed files in full source area for those who want to test...
Author Nico Callewaert
I would also like to share my thoughts about this, with some verses from the bible : Luke 10: 38-42, where we can read that Jesus was a guest in the house of Martha and her sister Mary. Mary was listening to Jesus teachings while Martha was so busy, busy to prepare so many things. And Martha was blaming her sister that she was only sitting there, instead of helping her, and the answer of Jesus was (Luke 10: 41-42) : "Martha, Martha, the Lord answered, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." We are so busy with so many things these days (of course everybody has to work and to take care of his family), but sometimes we forget what is the most important........

Nico Callewaert
ncw@...
nico.callewaert@...

----- Original Message -----
From: Svein Erling Tysvær
To: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: AW: [IBO] I put out a patch of changed files in full source area for those who want to test...

At 08:51 27.02.2001 -0700, Jason wrote:
>I think there is a scripture in the Bible somewhere that says the Sabbath
>was created for man and not man for the Sabbath. A day wherein man should
>rest from his labors and worship his creator. Sure is something I enjoy and
>benefit from.

Mark 2:27 (and probably somewhere in Matthew and Luke as well), although
the setting was different: Jesus' disciples were picking axe (?) while
walking through some fields and the pharisees objected since it was a
Sabbath. Probably something comparable to Jason being caught playing
MineSweeper on a Sunday <g>.

But I wholeheartedly agree in having one completely different day a week,
and haven't cared about work on Sundays since I went to school.
Set

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Click here for Classmates.com