Subject Re: [IBO] Catching the states of dataset
Author Paul Gallagher
Oh yes, the IsCancelling property does not do it. If someone inserts a
record by scrolling to the end of a grid, and then backs up with the arrow
key to cancel, then the IsCancelling never gets true. So I guess what I
really need, is some flag in the dataset to tell me that someone has
inserted a record by scrolling to the end of a grid.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Gallagher" <paul@...>
To: <IBObjects@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 4:55 PM
Subject: [IBO] Catching the states of dataset

> This is kind of complicated to explain, but I'll try. In the custom
TIB_VTree component I am designing, I have to catch the inserts, edits, and
deleting of records. I am doing this with the SysStateChanged event.
Everything works fairly well, except when I go from dssInsert to dssBrowse.
I am having a tough time with the logic to determine if the insert was
posted, or cancelled.

> Should I be using a differend event, such as OnPost, or is there enough
information at the SysStateChanged event to determine the various conditions
of the dataset? Is there a flag that tells me if the last edit or insert was
cancelled?