Subject FYI: the XSQLDA bug
Author Helen Borrie
Russell: here is the bug report. It was originally discussed on the old kinobi.interbaseexpress NG and the theory proposed for its cause came from a reply given by Jeff Overcash.

I've added a new bug report and linked it to Andrei Kirov's original report (below).

You can also read Jason's description of the bug on the home page at www.ibobjects.com - it has been moved over to the 'snippets' column at the right-hand side of the page.

At 09:43 PM 18-02-01 +1300, Russell Belding wrote:

> {Unprepare the DSQL}
> {IB folklore says do this to avoid a bug. Haven't found a good reference
> to this bug. Not a Firebird listed bug.}

Bug #115169, was updated on 2000-Sep-23 05:31
Here is a current snapshot of the bug.

Project: Firebird
Category: Core Engine

Details:
I've picked this bug description from IBX 4.3 sources:

Sometimes a prepared stored procedure appears to get
off sync on the server ....This code is meant to try
to work around the problem simply by "retrying". This
need to be reproduced and fixed.

it is in IBSQL.PAS, in the TIBSQL.ExecQuery:

SQLExecProcedure: begin
fetch_res := Call(isc_dsql_execute2(StatusVector,
TRHandle,
@FHandle,
Database.SQLDialect,
FSQLParams.AsXSQLDA,
FSQLRecord.AsXSQLDA), False);
if (fetch_res <> 0) and (fetch_res <> isc_deadlock) then
begin
{ Sometimes a prepared stored procedure appears to get
off sync on the server ....This code is meant to try
to work around the problem simply by "retrying". This
need to be reproduced and fixed.
}
isc_dsql_prepare(StatusVector, TRHandle, @FHandle, 0,
PChar(FProcessedSQL.Text), 1, nil);