Subject RE: [IBO] Explicit transaction and FK Violation
Author Nico Callewaert
Thanks Jason,

Nico Callewaert
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Jason Wharton [mailto:jwharton@...]
Verzonden: zaterdag 17 februari 2001 20:39
Aan: IBObjects@yahoogroups.com
Onderwerp: Re: [IBO] Explicit transaction and FK Violation

Calling StartTransaction is only necessary when you want to take
explicit
control of transactions. This really only has to do with the logical
unit of
work aspect and not necessarily the physical aspect (meaning whether
there
is a transaction handle brought to the client).

Where StartTransaction comes in handy is if in most circumstances
leaving
the transaction in AutoCommit mode (which means after each dataset
posts
there is a SavePoint generated) and you want to suspend that
behavior and
allow multiple posts to be held within a single logical unit of
work. This
is the main use of calling StartTransaction.

The InTransaction property is only true when StartTransaction has
been
called. These two are tied together.

Calling Commit does not Unprepare statements. If you know you are
not going
to be needing a statement any longer calling Unprepare is a very
good thing
to do for both the server and the client.

HTH,
Jason Wharton
CPS - Mesa AZ
http://www.ibobjects.com