Subject Re: [IBO] Re: Datapump prepare error
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:32 PM 09-02-01 +0000, you wrote:
>Allright so the datapump is a red herring.
>
>The problem is with SchemaCacheDir.
>
>I had switched it on, and was seeing information generated, but there
>is obviously something I am missing. If I switch it off the problem
>goes away.
>
>I was just trying to save a few nanoseconds on opening the network
>connection, since it is only 30to40kbs. So in theory if I keep local
>copies of Schema I will be faster. What have I missed?

Probably you have changed something in the metadata since the schema was
written. Delete it and let it be rebuilt and it should work OK.

It's not a sensationally good idea to activate the schema whilst the db is
still under development, but OK as long as you remember to delete it every
time you alter the metadata.

H.

All for Open and Open for All