Subject Re: [IBO] Feature Request (Generators) - One last try :) - the explanation why...
Author Christian Mautendorfer
Well in case you're curios I'll tell you why. I set up my database to be
able do peer to peer networking.
The number of users possible is limited to 100 (or 99 if 0 is the
"System"), but easily increased if I change
the Increment to 1000 (which I can't imagine I will ever need. 10 is more
than enough right now).
To get unique ID's for each user he is assigned a unique number. That is
the offset into the increment his ID's
will be at.
First I thought about splitting up the Numberspace in blocks, but after
thinking about it I feel better with slices
as a design choice. I can easily find who inserted a record with the mod
UDF and the amount of records isn't limited
except by the numberspace (well 1/100 of it actually).

The only oddity or deficiency I see is the limit of maximum distinct users.
Since this application is for my personal
use with a few friends (unless someone wants to buy it and give me the $ to
register with Jason) this isn't a problem
and easily remedied beside that.

If you see any other problem/s with this scheme I would be very much love
to hear them.
(And yes, there are a lot of other things in place to make PtP possible).

Regards and Thanks :)