Subject Re: [IBO] Colors for IB_LookupCombo in an IB_Grid
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:41 PM 06-02-01 +1300, you wrote:
> > Look in the IB_Grid.pas unit and all the linked include files that start
> > with IBG_XXXX.IMP
>
>Hello Jason
>
>The color scheme for an IB_LookupCombo (LC) inside an IB_Grid appears OK.
>The LC takes its background and font colors as clHighlighted and
>clHighlightedText respectively.
>
>The problem I am experiencing is, upon looking deeper, not with the color
>scheme but with the variable Text fed to wmPaint() in file
>IBG_LookupCombo.IMP. When the LC is selected Text is '', the empty string
>and it should contain the text of the selected field in the selected row.
>
>As far as I can tell I have mimiced every feature of the Sample - Contact
>app into my app. The Contact app works and mine does not. I am missing one
>thing, it seems, in placing an IB_LookupCombo in an IB_Grid (Yes, I have
>read the example in the Getting Started Guide).
>
>This is not urgent.
>
>Anyone else noted this problem and solved it?

No, still watching for a solution, if problem there be.
Just a thought here...
Could it be that the Parent props are getting confused when you embed the
LC in the grid? The dropdown is a TIB_CustomGrid and its parent (when not
embedded) would be the LC itself. Can you check out your DFM file (View as
Text) after embedding and see if and how the parentage is
affected? Compare that with the sample and see if there is any
difference...maybe you need to disable the ParentColor and ParentFontColor
(or equiv. props) of the dropdown *before* you embed the control.

Helen

All for Open and Open for All